Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Two more ‘Faces of Flickr’

Wow, I haven’t updated this blog in ages! Well, here’s two more in the ongoing Faces of Flickr series. These represent a slight departure from earlier portraits, in that I’ve reduced the importance of line in favor of a more naturalistic treatment of tone. I also played with color a bit in the reflections in the sunglasses of Nasir.




I’ve also set up a Google+ account and have been posting about art and music and other interesting things I stumble on. Here’s an invitation if you want to come check it out. I think it’s a vast improvement on existing social networks and I’ve been having a lot of fun with it so far (possibly why I’ve neglected the blog for so long...).

5 comments:

Alex said...

The "fun" part of the sunglasses really makes the whole portrait stand out, but the next one doesn't need anymore tricks... the hair and expression are astonishing!

Anonymous said...

Crickey Tim...! These are fantastic. Really wonderful. Maybe I should check out Google+.
Thanks for letting us have a look.
Stew.

kazumiwannabe said...

Wow, they're both very impressive. Love the one with the sunglasses even more, but they're both striking!

Christie said...

Dynamic - that's the word that came to mind. The colored reflections on a B&W portrait is a truly inspired touch.

Tim Clary said...

Thanks everybody! It helps to have really great photos to work from...Julia's group gets that right. Also, I don't think I can take full credit for the origin of the colored sunglasses deal...I've seen similar things before...but I am pleased with the way it turned out.

And if you do use the G+ invite please circle me and let me know where you came from (I've posted that link in lots of places so it's hard to tell where all my new 'followers' are coming from)

I'm going to have lots of things going on in G+ in the future so get in on the ground floor now! :D