Saturday, January 20, 2007

Sketchbook Construction

So, I'm coming to the close of my current sketchbook. It's a beautiful book, constructed of handmade papers from Nepal and a very cool bamboo latching system on the front cover. I'm going to be sad to see it go. I've started looking for a replacement but havn't been able to find anything quite so unique. One thing I really like about this journal is the way that the cover is not glued to the spine. This allows you to open the book ALL the way up and makes scanning double-page spreads a breeze.


So, I was wondering if anyone might be able to point me in the direction of a similar journal, or altern- atively, if anyone knows of any good resources (books or websites) for handbinding your own books?

1 comment:

Jenesis said...

You could try making your own... might take some effort in trials and research, but it could be worth it. Instead of spending how much time searching for the perfect journal... I finally had to resort to making my own as well....